[Consortium] Re: Linuxaudio.org consortium launch

Stephan M.Bernsee smb at dspdimension.com
Tue Apr 6 04:40:01 EDT 2004

Hi Daniel,

there are quite a few solutions for musically monophonic sounds out
there that work very well indeed. It's the complete mix of instruments
that gives them a hard time, which is exactly where ClearScale comes
in: it is intended for both musically monophonic and polyphonic
material, the goal being artifact free (or at least sonically pleasing)
time and pitch changing over at least one octave, or changing the
length by a factor 2 in both directions.

Additionally, formant correction is planned which avoids the common
"munchkinization syndrome" (Mickey-Mouse-Effect) when changing the
pitch.

Cheers,
Stephan