[Consortium] Sounds Expo TODO list?

Richard Bown richard.bown at ferventsoftware.com
Sun Feb 1 15:49:19 EST 2004

On Sunday 01 February 2004 17:26, Steve Harris wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 01, 2004 at 04:54:05 +0000, Chris Cannam wrote:
> > run of flyers...) and guillotined up at the local print shop.  Here
> > is an example with two possible screeds:
> >
> >   http://rosegardenmusic.com/tmp/linux-screed.pdf
>
> I'm a little bit concerned that it soulds like a sales pitch. I'd be
> happier if it was more neutral, but I'm not that bothered.

Well in the absence of anything else to go with then the options are rather
limited.  Anyway I'm sure the delegates of the expo will be expecting (and
receiving) plenty of sales pitches over the three days.  I think what Chris
has put together is at least in context and pretty much project-neutral (in
that he gives mention to plenty of people) and balanced view of Linux Audio
for the outsider.  Of course YMMV but one thing I think I can say is that
from our experience of showing Rosegarden having something to give away is
better than nothing.  People will take all the printed information you can
throw at them.

Whether they actually read it is another thing entirely of course.

BTW what's the situation with banners and posters for the backboards?  Did you
(Steve) say you could run off a few bits and bobs or did I dream it?  It'll
be easier if we have too much stuff to put up then not enough and go off
looking half baked.  Probably tomorrow we should come up with a list of
banners/posters to print off (perhaps even just big logos) so we can
visualise the stand a little and prevent arguments on the setup day.  Unless
Dan has already got this covered?

Anyway - probably a relatively easy task for a difficult Monday morning.