[Consortium] Sounds Expo TODO list?

Steve Harris S.W.Harris at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Sun Feb 1 18:07:49 EST 2004

On Sun, Feb 01, 2004 at 08:49:19 +0000, Richard Bown wrote:
> > >   http://rosegardenmusic.com/tmp/linux-screed.pdf
> >
> > I'm a little bit concerned that it soulds like a sales pitch. I'd be
> > happier if it was more neutral, but I'm not that bothered.
>
> Well in the absence of anything else to go with then the options are rather
> limited.  Anyway I'm sure the delegates of the expo will be expecting (and
> receiving) plenty of sales pitches over the three days.  I think what Chris
> has put together is at least in context and pretty much project-neutral (in
> that he gives mention to plenty of people) and balanced view of Linux Audio
> for the outsider.  Of course YMMV but one thing I think I can say is that

Yes, it is pretty balanced, I was just converned about proplr expecting
tool support to be more mature than it is. *shrug*

> BTW what's the situation with banners and posters for the backboards?  Did you
> (Steve) say you could run off a few bits and bobs or did I dream it?  It'll
> be easier if we have too much stuff to put up then not enough and go off
> looking half baked.  Probably tomorrow we should come up with a list of
> banners/posters to print off (perhaps even just big logos) so we can
> visualise the stand a little and prevent arguments on the setup day.  Unless
> Dan has already got this covered?

I should be able to get A0 posters done, but I need to check with the guy
who owns the printer.

Joern had some posters for LinuxTag two years ago - theres was a JACK one
and some others I think.

- Steve