[Consortium] Sounds Expo TODO list?

Steve Harris S.W.Harris at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Mon Feb 2 06:02:20 EST 2004

On Mon, Feb 02, 2004 at 10:27:27 +0000, Daniel James wrote:
> Chris - I suspect with the numbers we'll need, litho will be a lot
> more cost effective than using your laser printer. They'll also do
> the chopping up for you. I'll chip in for the cost of printing
> because you're already paying for the extra electrical socket on the
> stand.

OK, well we can do lasered stuff for any short runs we need, I might do
a handfull of A5 jamin laser flyers if I can find a colour laser noones
watching :)

I just go the OK from the guy who owns the poster printer. I can do 3
posters. I'd do a logo of some kind, LAD or linuxaudio.org, votes? I err
in the direction of la.o, as were not just trying to appeal to developers.

I'l do joern's JACK poster too, cos thats good for pointing at and pretty
colourful. Maybe a composite one of screenshots?

> 4. Accommodation
> Is there anyone that needs accommodation in London other than Steve
> and Damien? The nearby hotel charges per room, so it's half the price
> if people share twin rooms. I'm sure alternative offers of
> accommodation would be welcome.

How much was it again?

> 5. Equipment security
> The organisers will not take responsibility for equipment left on
> stands overnight. Secure storage costs extra (of course). We'll have
> to figure out a way that equipment can be secured overnight.

Damn. Well I guess I can lock my monitors (plus cables and some things of
other peoples) in the boot of my car, but thats not very big or secure. If
I have to fold down the back seat the stuff will be visible which is not
good. The car has an immobiliser, but no alarm.

How far is the hotel from the venue? Do you know if I'l be able to leave
my car in the carpark overnight, and if its secure?

- Steve