[Consortium] [OT] Re: linux audio base djcj linux-sound apps and midi page etc...

Joern Nettingsmeier nettings at folkwang-hochschule.de
Mon Feb 2 13:32:54 EST 2004

marek, i must say you are getting on my nerves. people are trying to
get something done here.

if this is your idea of linux audio advocacy, i think it will be
clear at least to the others on this forum why i have so far refused
to set up a linux-audio-advocacy list (as suggested by bob ham a
while ago and more recently by marek in private mail) - exactly
because it tends to attract folks with little to say and too much
time on their hands.

please just refrain from posting if you don't have anything new to
write. stubborn repetition won't make anybody agree or give in. all
you achieve is a top rank in people's killfiles, and what's worse,
you are making such a fool of yourself that chances are nobody will
listen anymore even if you do eventually have something really new
and important to say.

nobody except you has problems with the domain name, and most people
feel it is in good hands and will be put to good use. andrea has
reacted to your concerns by suggesting sub-domains, and it looks
like something really good and useful is coming from that. so stop
bickering now, and how about writing some useful code or
documentation for a change?

jörn

(and yes, this letter may have an offending undertone. subtlety has
totally failed to work so far. i'm offended too by your postings,
too, and i'm really considering to filter your address.)

--
"I never use EQ, never, never, never. I previously used to use mic
positioning but I've even given up on that too."

Jörn Nettingsmeier
Kurfürstenstr 49, 45138 Essen, Germany
http://spunk.dnsalias.org (my server)
http://www.linuxaudiodev.org (Linux Audio Developers)