[Consortium] linuxaudio.org

iriXx m at iriXx.org
Wed Jan 28 16:26:02 EST 2004

Joern Nettingsmeier wrote:

> Andrea Glorioso wrote:
>

>> Any takers for the logo ?
>

> as it happens, i'm a big fan of the lad icon, and we have worked a
> while to make it known to the public.
> it's the LAD logo, but everybody is invited to use it to "show their
> affiliation with the LAD community". maybe we should broaden the
> concept to "linux audio community".

this is the logo with the tape reel? i like this very much...

the only problem i have is with the use of the word LAD - there are a
few female linux audio users and developers *gasp!* and its quite
aggressive to be confronted with the word LAD, especially given its
meaning in UK society... i find it off-putting....

just my 2p

m~

--
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

--Benjamin Franklin

 ZZZzz /,`.-'`'    -.  ;-;;,_     HTTP 503: Too Busy

 .::. www.iriXx.org .::. www.copyleftmedia.org.uk .::.