[Consortium] linuxaudio.org

Joern Nettingsmeier nettings at folkwang-hochschule.de
Wed Jan 28 18:32:04 EST 2004

Andrea Glorioso wrote:
> Joern Nettingsmeier <nettings at folkwang-hochschule.de> writes:
>
>>perhaps a nice "linux audio social contract", no longer than one page ?
>>(daniel, iirc it was you who complained about the gpl being too long
>>and nobody reading it - i agree totally!)
>
> I think that would be a good thing to have.  Be prepared for some
> *long* discussion, however.
>
> It could make sense to draft a proposal and reserve  a slot during the
> 2nd  LAD conference for  presenting it  (as  well as  on  the relevant
> mailing lists, of course), what do you think?

excellent idea. if not presenting, then at least creating a draft.

>>but this probably justifies a new thread.
>

> Are you going to open it? :)

not yet. i agree with what you say below:

> I'd like to have  a clearer understanding of  what the legal situation
> of the Consortium   is (or is planned to   be).  I do  understand that
> Daniel James  is *very* busy  preparing  the booth at the  Sounds Expo
> 2004, so we might as well stop making noise and  wait for some answers
> before going on (I'm not trying to pressure  Daniel or anybody else, I
> just believe in making small steps and  fixing bugs/problems when they
> arise - the legal  status of the Consortium  in all of this discussion
> is, if not a bug,  at least a  point of  uncertainty  I'd like to  see
> resolved as soon as possible).

neither am i. time to shut up and let it simmer a little :)

daniel, once you are back, will you be with us in karlsruhe? if you
like andrea's idea of a presentation, how about getting in touch
with mana and frank?

--
"I never use EQ, never, never, never. I previously used to use mic
positioning but I've even given up on that too."

Jörn Nettingsmeier
Kurfürstenstr 49, 45138 Essen, Germany
http://spunk.dnsalias.org (my server)
http://www.linuxaudiodev.org (Linux Audio Developers)