[Consortium] re: a few more rants...

Frank NEUMANN frank.neumann at st.com
Tue Mar 9 05:37:28 EST 2004

Hi Daniel,
you wrote:

> > are there  any  news on the  proposed
> > Linux Audio Consortium roundtable at the 2nd Linux Audio
> > Conference?
>
> I think Frank and Matthias were receptive to the idea, but I don't
> think anything was scheduled so far.  At the very least we should
> have a strategy meeting of some kind.

We are in the final steps of fixing the programme right now; however, we had
not scheduled any "official" LA Consortium roundtable; instead, we have planned
to let a panel discussion take place on the last day (Sunday, May 2nd, around
3 PM). The topic for this discussion is not fixed yet (we thought about things
like "Linux audio - what's missing?" or "Is it a viable alternative to
Windows/MacOS X now?"), but I think we could merge our ideas and your interest
here somewhat.

What would be your topic suggestions for this roundtable?

Greetings,
Frank
--
      Frank Neumann (Frank.Neumann at st.com), VIONA Development Center
            STMicroelectronics, Karlstraße 27, 76133 Karlsruhe