[Consortium] Meeting at Karlsruhe

Andrea Glorioso andrea.glorioso at agnula.org
Wed May 5 18:23:58 EDT 2004

    > I can further investigate this opportunity while i'm in
    > Amsterdam (until end of june), if you all think is worthwhile.

I  think this is a   good opportunity to investigate,  so  it would be
great  if you could  devote  a little  time to  understand the various
options available in the Netherlands.

    > I also  agree that a  foundation/non-profit-org is a good way to
    > shape our efforts, as long we are enough  people (AFAIK a min of
    > 8 is  needed) and we have  a  clear (and  one could  say strong)
    > motivation for our mission.

The  number  doesn't  seem to   be  a specific problem  here.   We can
probably  better define the mission of  the consortium in its specific
points, but  that can  be done  while we  study the  various available
options available for creating a formal entity.

I'd say that:

1) the ability for people from different countries to be a part of the
   organization;

2) the ability of the organization to collect money (whether as
   donations, grants and/or merchandising) as long as the money is
   devoted to the fulfilment of the social mission;

are two necessary characterics which the formal entity should have in
order to be a viable option for us.  There could be other points, too,
but I'll let people speak on this.

    > good idea.

    > tech-wise i suggest to first evaluate the use of RSS feeds to do
    > that, that could be a first working exchange of links and
    > infos. At least the linuxaudio page could start publishing a
    > feed that others can include..

Do you know anybody who could lend a hand with webmastering, at least
from the start?

I think I   can handle finding  server  space and connectivity  and/or
trying to convince my  mother organization to pay  for (a part of) the
related expenses.

bye,

Andrea Glorioso                      andrea.glorioso at agnula.org
AGNULA Technical Manager                 http://www.agnula.org/
M: +39 333 820 5723                     F: +39 (0)51 930 31 133
      "Libre Audio, Libre Video, Libre Software: AGNULA"