[Consortium] Meeting at Karlsruhe

Andrea Glorioso andrea.glorioso at agnula.org
Sat May 29 10:07:39 EDT 2004

    > I'm not personally bothered which country that linuxaudio.org is
    > registered in, but I now recall that I have a contact which
    > provides low cost legal advice for not-for-profits here:

    > http://interchange.org.uk/legal/

    > I'll ask them what they think.

That's a good idea, thank you!

    > The Agnula project is going through a similar process of formal
    > registration, and I've suggested to Andrea Glorioso that we work
    > together on this to reduce duplicated bureaucratic overhead,
    > since the aims of both entities are very similar.

Just to be precise:   it's not AGNULA  that  is going to   be formally
registered anywhere.   What we  (I,  some past  members of  the former
AGNULA Consortium, other   volunteers) are going   to do is  create  a
separate  entity which  will  have, amongst  its  "social goals",  the
promotion of Free Software in the audio/video  domain.  Of course, the
AGNULA project will probably be one  of the main beneficiaries of this
entity, at least in the start; but the idea is  that we should be able
to fund and/or help  any other group or   person we deem valuable  and
works with/for Free Software in the audio/video domain.

If AGNULA disappears and/or becomes clearly  obsoleted with regards to
other  (similar) projects,  then we  want this  entity  to  be able to
continue its existence.

As  per avoid duplication I'd  agree - the main problem  I see in this
moment is the  different stance the  Linuxaudio.org consortium and the
wannabe   "agnulesque" entity seem  to  have  with regards  to Free vs
proprietary Software.

bye,

Andrea Glorioso                      andrea.glorioso at agnula.org
AGNULA Technical Manager                 http://www.agnula.org/
M: +39 333 820 5723                     F: +39 (0)51 930 31 133
      "Libre Audio, Libre Video, Libre Software: AGNULA"