[Consortium] Meeting at Karlsruhe

Andrea Glorioso andrea.glorioso at agnula.org
Sat May 29 10:08:33 EDT 2004

    > hello,

    > I gathered some information on the topic of registering a
    > foundation here in Amsterdam, but please keep in mind IANAL.

Thank you very much for your work!

    > what is a  Foundation (Stichting)  in Netherlands?   Foundations
    > are continental European equivalents  of the Anglo-Saxon trusts,
    > the long-established estate   and tax planning tool whose  chief
    > purpose is  to  provide a  safe haven  for  assets  intended for
    > selected beneficiaries. Like trusts, they offer  a number of tax
    > benefits,  their chief  purpose being  to  provide  a haven  for
    > assets intended for nominated beneficiaries.

Just a  single  thing I'm not sure  I  understood: does `nominated' in
this context means that beneficiaries of the assets should be declared
beforehand and not changed throughout the lifetime of the "Stichting"?

bye,

Andrea Glorioso                      andrea.glorioso at agnula.org
AGNULA Technical Manager                 http://www.agnula.org/
M: +39 333 820 5723                     F: +39 (0)51 930 31 133
      "Libre Audio, Libre Video, Libre Software: AGNULA"