[Consortium] Publicity etc...

Daniel James daniel at linuxaudio.org
Thu Sep 16 06:43:18 EDT 2004

Hello all,

Sorry to have gone quiet for a bit, but I've been really busy with
articles and publicity work related to libre audio software!

* Trade magazine Pro Sound News Europe carried a feature on Linux
audio in the August issue, written by Simon Trask. I did an interview
for that, representing linuxaudio.org

* LinuxUser & Developer magazine has agreed to publish a monthly
'Audio Libre' feature; I wrote the first article about AGNULA/DeMuDi
and it will be out by the end of this month.

* The October issue of Sound on Sound is just out, with a two page
feature on JACK with OS X, also written by me.

I'm also working with Ron Parker to compile a promotional CD of 'made
with Linux' music. I've selected 15 tracks from over 900MB of Oggs
and MP3s collected from the internet, and Ron is doing the mastering
using Jamin at Mirror Image Studios. I hoping we'll be able to get
this CD distributed as a magazine coverdisc by the end of this year.

On the hardware manufacturers liaison side, I've been talking to AMD
on a regular basis, and we now have a technical contact there for
x86_64 porting issues. Please email me if you'd like to make contact
with them.

Cheers

Daniel James
Director