[Consortium] Sounds Expo

Daniel James daniel at linuxaudio.org
Sat Jan 8 07:13:51 EST 2005

Hello all,

> The organisers have agreed to the same deal we had last year, which
> is for us to provide an information stand in return for getting the
> stand space at cost.

I now have the contract - this will cost around £1000 sterling to put
on. Offers of sponsorship are needed if the stand is to happen again
this year - as yet, no-one has come forward with a definite offer.

Also in the UK, probably later in the year, is a free software
audio/video event in Bristol, currently at the planning stage:

These two events are aimed at very different audiences; one is a trade
show, the other is a community workshop/conference. I'd take it for
granted that we should support the Bristol event, but should
linuxaudio.org participate in both, given the demands on resources?
Please let me know what you think.

Cheers

Daniel James
Director