[Consortium] request for licensing advice from ron parker

Daniel James daniel at linuxaudio.org
Fri Jan 14 05:40:29 EST 2005

Hi Chris,

> The CC sampling licences may also be appropriate -- see
>
>   http://creativecommons.org/license/sampling?format=audio

I don't think they would be right for Ron, as they permit 'creative
transformation'. They also have a restriction on use in advertising,
which is pretty vague. I guess that's because TV adverts can make
more money for artists than their records do...

> Am I right in thinking AGNULA doesn't include any non-free stuff by
> default?

Yes, although you can add a 'non-free' apt-get source.

Cheers

Daniel