[Consortium] request for licensing advice from ron parker

Chris Cannam cannam at all-day-breakfast.com
Fri Jan 14 05:35:04 EST 2005

On Friday 14 Jan 2005 10:14, Daniel James wrote:
> Try this one for starters:
>
> http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nd/2.0/

The CC sampling licences may also be appropriate -- see

  http://creativecommons.org/license/sampling?format=audio

Review carefully at least the Commons Deed (the easy-to-read description
of what the licence allows) before use.

> > I'm not sure if restricting modification of the
> > library would prevent it from being included in Debian
> > distributions.
>
> It would [...]
> However, Debian does have a mechanism for 'non-free' packages.

Am I right in thinking AGNULA doesn't include any non-free stuff by
default?  That might be a problem for you, but I don't imagine you
could do much about it besides permitting all sorts of modified
redistribution.

Chris