[Consortium] Re: mLAN on Linux

Daniel James daniel at linuxaudio.org
Sat Jun 25 04:31:40 EDT 2005

Hi Jody,

> It turns out the reason they haven't provided me with
> documentation on mLAN is that basically, none exists (!).

In English, maybe. There's probably some available in Japanese, but
Jun-ichi has conceded that mLAN as a standard hasn't been finalised
yet.

> The AES
> are standardizing something called "Open Generic Transporter,"
> which is fairly close to the current version of mLAN, and I have
> that document. So, along with some protocol snooping, I should be
> able to figure things out.

Reverse engineering may not be required. I just had a mail from
Richard Foss at Rhodes University in South Africa, indicating that
quite a lot of the groundwork has been done already. I'll forward
that to you.

Cheers!

Daniel