[Consortium] Re: linuxsampler and oneshotsampler

Juhana Sadeharju kouhia at nic.funet.fi
Tue Mar 29 11:38:19 EST 2005

>From: Josh Green <josh at resonance.org>
>
>> the better choice for distributing free giga collection could be done
>> done trough bittorrent files on the site.
[ ... ]
>- ed2k links for the edonkey network
>- All files compressed with CRAM (Compress hybRid Audio Media)
>  http://swami.sourceforge.net/cram.php

"bittorrent", "ed2k" --- I hope that Internet Explorer can download
the "bittorrent" and "ed2k" files with IE's standard settings and
plugins. I cannot install anything to University's computers.
Please choose ftp or http for a fruitful start of the project!!

Are "bittorrent" and "ed2k" open source software/protocols? If not,
they should not be used. Cram? I cannot verify now but I hope it is
open source software. If not, we should use flac.

Napster, Kazaa, Gnutella, etc etc. I think there is now a bad
trend to worship transfer programs -- preferably executable
and unsecure programs -- instead of open protocols like ftp
and http. Bad, bad. What next? "Bitvirus", "Bitspy" -- to get
a file, users would have to install viruses to their computer.
And many would!

Juhana