[Consortium] Logo results and webmaster woes

Ivica Ico Bukvic ico.bukvic at gmail.com
Sat Apr 22 16:12:37 EDT 2006

Webmaster is only needed for the Linuxaudio.org site. The subdomains will
continue to be maintained by their respective owners. Down the road,
however, we will likely have to get all webmasters together in order to
foster some consistency and minimize any potential redundancy.

> If so, I think there is a need for a team of several webmasters and
> sysadmins. It seems this could rapidly evolve into a full time job, at
> least for the near term. I can help, but I can't take on the whole
> thing. I'm more qualified as a sysadmin than as a webmaster.

You are right. Having a sysadmin will also become a necessity pretty soon--I
spent 4 hours messing with mysql/phpMyAdmin because apparently there was a
bug in the preinstalled php, needless to mention that prior to this bout I
had 0 experience with installing the darn thing :-/. Although we need to
keep in mind that for some time to come we probably won't be able to afford
anyone full-time or even part-time, so we need to rely upon volunteers.

Best wishes,

Ico