[Consortium] Consortium "Made in Linux" cover idea -> execution

Thorsten Wilms t_w_ at freenet.de
Thu Dec 7 12:07:13 EST 2006

On Thu, Dec 07, 2006 at 11:46:15AM -0500, Ivica Ico Bukvic wrote:

http://ico.bukvic.net/Temp/Lao/mil1.jpg

There's a reason I stepped away from the rounded box: It eats
alot of space and is quite strong, limiting the possibilities for
the variable parts of the design.

Here the penguin has a lot of weight above him ...

http://ico.bukvic.net/Temp/Lao/mil2.jpg

Washed out. Tux Power hard to decipher.

http://ico.bukvic.net/Temp/Lao/mil3.jpg
http://ico.bukvic.net/Temp/Lao/mil4.jpg

I think you forgot the size this will be printed in. My designs
would result in itsy-bitsy letters for linuxaudio.org, already.

> > > Less dark than 1, fixed "M" (personally, I don't like how wide M is in
> > > current designs), more "power" from Tux Power.

ARG! Why is it people tend to point at such details after they've
seen it several times and after I there are several layers in place,
making the change much more work-intensive?
I might look into this later on.

> > > I would probably like even smaller subititle.

Stop trying to get rid of the subtitle.

For comparison:
http://thorwil.affenbande.org/wp-content/uploads/2006/12/made_in_linux_vol_1_front_09.jpg

The amount of time spend on this starts to be insane.

--
Thorsten Wilms

Thorwil's Creature Illustrations:
http://www.printfection.com/thorwil