[Consortium] Consortium "Made in Linux" cover idea -> execution

Ivica Ico Bukvic ico at vt.edu
Thu Dec 7 23:27:53 EST 2006

> I think you forgot the size this will be printed in. My designs
> would result in itsy-bitsy letters for linuxaudio.org, already.

This was *an idea*, not a print-ready version. It was meant to start the
creative juices flowing, not to answer all logistical questions associated
with such an idea...

> ARG! Why is it people tend to point at such details after they've
> seen it several times and after I there are several layers in place,
> making the change much more work-intensive?
> I might look into this later on.

Hey, better late than never. FWIW number 1 is also "iffy." I'd much rather
see it as the small letter "l" of this font, but this is obviously not
possible when you have "l" in Vol. right next to it which would make it look
silly... Still, that fact unfortunately does nothing to improve my liking of
the number 1's appearance...

> Stop trying to get rid of the subtitle.

I can't because more I think about the subtitle, which is nowcoupled by its
overemphasis IMHO smells of "bling over substance" which means we are
shooting ourselves in the foot. But then again, that is probably just me.

All that being said, I still feel that the "Tux Power" font you are
proposing and/or color simply do not do much for me.

> The amount of time spend on this starts to be insane.

I would rather look at it from the perspective "we care so much that we
decided to redo the cover, and if we already decided to go that far, we
should not settle for anything less but perfection."

Best wishes,

Ico