[Consortium] Consortium "Made in Linux" cover idea -> execution

Thorsten Wilms t_w_ at freenet.de
Fri Dec 8 06:50:40 EST 2006

On Thu, Dec 07, 2006 at 11:27:53PM -0500, Ivica Ico Bukvic wrote:

> > I think you forgot the size this will be printed in. My designs
> > would result in itsy-bitsy letters for linuxaudio.org, already.
>
> This was *an idea*, not a print-ready version. It was meant to start the
> creative juices flowing, not to answer all logistical questions associated
> with such an idea...

I just stated why it isn't a good idea and why that direction
shouldn't be continued.

> > Stop trying to get rid of the subtitle.
>
> I can't because more I think about the subtitle, which is nowcoupled by its
> overemphasis IMHO smells of "bling over substance" which means we are
> shooting ourselves in the foot. But then again, that is probably just me.

The subtitle is not large for a cd cover and doesn't provide strong contrast.
If you are 'ashamed' of the subtitle, there just should be none.

> All that being said, I still feel that the "Tux Power" font you are
> proposing and/or color simply do not do much for me.

I don't remember you stating anything about this particular font before.
Please try to be either more thorough or less picky.

> > The amount of time spend on this starts to be insane.

> I would rather look at it from the perspective "we care so much that we
> decided to redo the cover, and if we already decided to go that far, we
> should not settle for anything less but perfection."

Perfection in who's eye? Few designs are hold up high by a majority
and even then you will find some people who dislike them.
The cost of this is too high for me, I want to be done with it.

Next up a few variations on the Made in Linux writing, as it is
meant to be reused.

--
Thorsten Wilms

Thorwil's Creature Illustrations: