[Consortium] made in linux text

Thorsten Wilms t_w_ at freenet.de
Fri Dec 22 05:32:53 EST 2006

On Thu, Dec 21, 2006 at 02:06:16PM -0500, Ivica Ico Bukvic wrote:

> "(c) 2004-6. All works are copyright of their respective authors and are
> distributed either by author's permission or according to their respective
> licenses which are available <state where>. CD cover design copyright
> Thorsten Wilms. 'Made in Linux' copyright Linuxaudio.org."

I think that would make us sound like copyright fanatics. If nothing
else is stated, it's a given copyright remains with each author,
linuxaudio.org has permission to distribute, noone else has.

Listing the various licneses with the tracks would make more sense
(requires a rather small font, though).

> I am not sure whether we should state on the cover that the
> music was entirely done in Linux, since the title of the series already
> clearly implies this and ultimately such a comment may detract from the
> artistic value.

We should not, title makes it clear.

> Finally, Thorsten, would you be willing to simply readapt the front cover to
> fit the CD label (for those who may opt for doing CD labels)?

I wonder how many that might be ... but I will look into it.

--
Thorsten Wilms

Thorwil's Creature Illustrations:
http://www.printfection.com/thorwil