[Consortium] made in linux text

Ivica Ico Bukvic ico at vt.edu
Thu Dec 21 14:06:16 EST 2006

To all members:

Regarding this project we really need more input from the community. Hence,
I would greatly appreciate everyone's comments on the "Made in Linux" text
for the cover. Namely, what should be included on it?

Also, Daniel, what did you do with the copyright notice given that different
pieces have different copyrights. Is this somewhere on-file (i.e. URL) where
we could point users to?

As far as the copyright notice is concerned, my suggestion would be to
simply state something along these lines:

"(c) 2004-6. All works are copyright of their respective authors and are
distributed either by author's permission or according to their respective
licenses which are available <state where>. CD cover design copyright
Thorsten Wilms. 'Made in Linux' copyright Linuxaudio.org."

This should probably be stated in small print at the bottom of the back side
of the cover. I am not sure whether we should state on the cover that the
music was entirely done in Linux, since the title of the series already
clearly implies this and ultimately such a comment may detract from the
artistic value.

Finally, Thorsten, would you be willing to simply readapt the front cover to
fit the CD label (for those who may opt for doing CD labels)?

Best wishes,

Ivica Ico Bukvic, D.M.A.
Composition, Music Technology, CCTAD, and CHCI
Virginia Tech
Dept. of Music - 0240
Blacksburg, VA 24061
(540) 231-1137