[Consortium] problem about inclusion of Ubuntu (was: Linuxaudio.org updates)

Dana Olson dana at ubuntustudio.com
Tue Mar 21 09:21:24 EST 2006

On Tue, 2006-03-21 at 15:05 +0100, jaromil wrote:

> Dear Dana,
>
> please don't take my position as personal.
>
> i explained myself also referring to extensive discussions in other
> contexts.
>
> here i would like to listen to the opinions of other people in the
> consortium about the issue i just raised.
>
> thanks for your patience,
> ciao
>
> - --
>  jaromil,  dyne.org rasta coder,  http://afrolinux.org

Fine, it's not personal. I get that. But you still have not explained
what your issue is with MY PROJECT.

What is it about a community-based wiki of tutorials that ticks you off,
exactly?

Is it the fact that you hate Ubuntu, so therefore you hate Ubuntu users?
Musicians aren't freely allowed to choose to use whatever distro they
please?

My project has nothing to do with Canonical or Ubuntu, outside of the
fact that it is the distro we chose to use for recording music.

I fail to see what your big problem is with it, and you most certainly
did NOT explain yourself in ANY context with regards to The Ubuntu
Studio Project.

If you want me to withdraw my project from this group, then fine. I'll
be more than happy to appease you. But I would at the very least
appreciate a good reason as to why it is that a community of users has
no right to be on board here.

Dana