[Consortium] problem about inclusion of Ubuntu

Daniel James daniel at 64studio.com
Tue Mar 21 09:49:58 EST 2006

Hi Dana,

> But you still have not explained
> what your issue is with MY PROJECT.

Jaromil was referring to Ubuntu a.k.a. Canonical Ltd. offering bounties,
rather than your Ubuntu Studio project.

I do think that there is bound to be a certain amount of friction within
  the free software community whenever money is involved. No different
from any other human endeavour, then...

I have only met Mark Shuttleworth once, and that was very brief, but I
do believe his commitment to free software to be both significant and
genuine. I also understand Canonical's need for some sort of structure
or roadmap when paying bounties. However I can also see the potential
for payments to hackers to be divisive, when so many people contribute
their time for free.

> If you want me to withdraw my project from this group, then fine.

No-one's suggesting that - we're glad to have you on board.

Cheers!

Daniel