[Consortium] problem about inclusion of Ubuntu

Ivica Ico Bukvic ico at vt.edu
Tue Mar 28 11:42:37 EST 2006

> > I think this is a non-issue and that you should be definitely a part of
> the
> > board. As a matter of fact, I am using this opportunity to wield my
> > directorial gavel and insist on that being the case ;-)
>
> OK, if you insist, then I can represent 64 Studio on the board. However
> I believe it should be policy that the current Director can't be on the
> board - otherwise the director could end up with the casting vote on
> whether or not they should sacked, tarred and feathered, and sent into
> exile in Redmond, WA ;-)

I think that is already given. But just to be safe (and official for that
matter), I second this wholeheartedly. :-)

If my understanding is correct, and please correct me if I am wrong, in a
case of a tie that calls for a deciding vote, then that's the only peculiar
situation where the director can vote.

Best wishes,

Ico