[Consortium] Misc. updates

Ivica Ico Bukvic ico.bukvic at gmail.com
Tue May 16 01:15:20 EDT 2006

Thank you for that motion! I would love to hear from a couple other people
stationed in US in order to see whether we can pull this off in a meaningful
and timely fashion. FWIW, I will gladly assist with the tax-related matters
as well as considerations surrounding incorporating in US.

Regarding softwarefreedom, I will contact them as soon as I get back to the
States. I will be out of the country until July 12th, but should be able to
check my e-mail at least every couple days. Hence, if you do happen to have
any pressing matters, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Apropos Linuxaudio.org, I'll spend next month or so working on the bylaws
and articles of incorporation. We've had also an encouraging response to the
call for the website maintenance assistance, as well as consortium
writers/editors/reporters. I will be contacting everyone who has responded
shortly. There are still a couple memberships pending, and as soon as I get
around to those, I'll forward the general info to the board. Finally, we
have a report from Takashi regarding the Desktop Linux project as well as
summary reports from some of the member projects. I would therefore like to
use this opportunity to thank all who have made a special effort to provide
this info and at the same time I would like to urge everyone who hasn't done
so already, to please forward your summaries for our upcoming newsletter.

Best wishes,

Ivica Ico Bukvic, D.M.A. Composition
Virginia Tech
Dept. of Music - 0240