[Consortium] Misc. updates

Daniel James daniel at 64studio.com
Mon May 15 04:29:27 EDT 2006

Hi Ico,

> 1) We will resume our discussion of the much debated topic of the "country
> of incorporation."

An argument in favour of incorporation in the USA would be the
possibility of getting some help from the Software Freedom Law Centre:

http://www.softwarefreedom.org/

I don't know of a similar organisation in any other country. They have a
'Conservancy' which offers legal and administrative support to member
projects, a model that linuxaudio.org could emulate.

Maybe you should give them a call, find out what they could do, and see
if that influences the decision about where to incorporate.

Cheers!

Daniel