[Consortium] Poll for consortium members and board

Pieter Palmers pieterp at joow.be
Thu Feb 22 05:27:46 EST 2007

Ivica Ico Bukvic wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> In my recent discussion on the future of linux on the desktop, one of
> suggestions was to look into the continually developing enlightenment
> desktop solution which does have amazing efficiency as well as steady
> development pace.
>
> My recent investigation on the status of the project has revealed that the
> project is in dire need of funding for the purpose of getting a new server.
> This got squeaky cogs in my head turning and I began wondering what if
> Linuxaudio.org offered them server space for their needs, especially since
> this is one thing we can offer at practically no cost to us. I've not yet
> bothered to mention this to the enlightenment team even in a form of a
> remote possibility, namely because I am not sure if this is something
> Linuxaudio.org wants to use its limited resources on...
>
> So my question/poll to you is, would this be something that bears relevance
> to our mission (IMHO it does, albeit indirectly).

Since I constantly see remarks that Gnome and KDE dev's don't even
bother to listen to audio users, maybe it is a good idea to help another
team, with the side effect of them being a little more open towards our
needs.

But that of course was your point I guess.

Pieter

PS: we could also use some good web-hosting for freebob, because
sourceforge's webhosting is horribly slow...