[Consortium] delta 44 and digital mixer

R Dicaire kritek at gmail.com
Sun Nov 11 18:40:26 EST 2007

Hi...I have an M-Audio Delta 44 and am wondering if there's a way to
configure alsa/asoundrc so all audio is piped out via its internal
digital mixer, as opposed to PCM 1 and 2, an example: While skype can
use hardware inputs 1 or 2, if there is audio coming in on inputs 3
and 4, the audio for 3 and 4 is not sent through skype. Under Windows
various apps have the ability to choose which ins/outs to use,
including the use of the internal digital mixer. I can then have all 4
hardware inputs simultaneously being heard/sent over skype in Windows,
or dsp plugin in winamp.
I don't know if this is a lack of configuration, or driver limitation
in ice1712. I'm trying to achieve the same functionality under linux
as I do in Windows.

Also, would I need a sound server like jackd to achieve this
functionality? Currently I use dmix plugin in .asoundrc, but this
doesn't help with what I'm trying to do above.

.asoundrc:

pcm.amix {
    type dmix
    ipc_key 50557