[Consortium] Sponsors for prizes

Pieter Palmers pieterp at joow.be
Thu Oct 30 04:28:30 EDT 2008

Patrick Shirkey wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As per the previous message regarding the template competition I am
> seeking sponsors for prizes that can be given to the winners of the
> design competition.
>
> However I am also seeking sponsors for a higher level of award that is
> now well overdue.
>
> +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
> All of us have used Linux Audio tools for our businesses and have a debt
> of gratitude to the Linux Audio Developers community. There are some
> very specific names that deserve official recognition for their
> motivation, dedication and all round superstar qualities.
>
> I would like to see the next Linux Audio Conference as the inaugural
> awards ceremony for Linux Audio Developers, Musicians, and Supporters.
>
> I am proposing a series of awards that will be sponsored by members of
> the Consortium.
>
> Obviously there will be a lifetime achievement award but we also need a
> couple of other categories. Some suggestions are:
>
> Developers:
>
> Best Audio recording software
> Best Midi software
> Best DJ software
> Best Sequencing software
> Best Plugin
> Most Active contributor
> Most Active evangalist
> Best Blog
> Best Forum

Considering my own stuff:
"Infrastructure Achievement Award" for projects like: jack1/jack2, lash,
qjackctl, patchage, alsa, freebob/ffado, ladi, ...

The base level is far less sexy to work on, but is IMHO very important
since it's the enabling technology for all these other sexy apps.

Greets,

Pieter