[Consortium] strange n00b post or: how I learned to embrace open source and stop making money

Daniel James daniel at 64studio.com
Wed Aug 26 07:05:37 EDT 2009

Hi Malte,

> Today I learned that the upcomming Beat Kangz hardware drumbox Beat
> Thang is running on Linux too. Hopefully they get it right with the GPL.

I think they will, Ron Stewart has been in touch with the boss there.

> And it would be hackable...

Potentially, and I know what you mean, but I can see that word scaring
off companies like Beat Kangz. Maybe we should use a word like
'tweakable' instead. The currently fashionable word seems to be 'pimped'
but I'm not too keen on that word being applied to Free Software, given
its sleazy origins :-)

Cheers!

Daniel