[Consortium] [LAD] LAC2009 paper deadline coming near...

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Sun Jan 11 22:01:58 EST 2009

Fons Adriaensen wrote:
> Hello all, yada-yada (*)
>
> The paper submission deadline for LAC2009 is just a little
> more than 100 hours away, and the response so far has been
> rather disappointing, to the point that there would not be
> much of a conference at all.
>
> The deadline could be extended by two weeks (29 Jan, midnight),
> but that would make sense only if we know there will be
> sufficient submissions.
>
> So if you are planning to submit a paper, or present a
> workshop please let me know *ASAP*, and in any case before
> the original deadline (15 Jan, midnight).
>
> Ciao,
>
> (*) This means 'best wishes for 2009 !'

Hi Fons,

I certainly hope that there will be an LAC this year.

I am still working on the details for the inaugural Linux Audio Awards.
I will be sending out a sponsorship proposal in the next two weeks.

The idea is to present a small number of sponsored awards to the
category winners at the LAC.

I'm also considering doing a couple of presentations but I have not
cleared funding approval for the trip yet.

Cheers.

--
Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd.