[Consortium] A New Blender Open Movie project : Durian

Marc-Olivier Barre marco at marcochapeau.org
Mon Jun 15 05:15:39 EDT 2009

On Sun, 14 Jun 2009 18:43:38 -0400, mike clemow <gelfmuse at gmail.com> wrote:
>> i'd be willing to join the effort - if somebody else produces the
>> content itself, i can help with mastering to surround.
>
> What kind of content are they looking for?  I thought they didn't
> advertise needing help and got someone else to do the sound for the
> previous two films.  I'd be glad to help, where I can.  Content is
> probably where I'd be the most help.

Hi all,

Some clarification on my first email : I never said they were looking for
people, in fact they already have people for audio it seems (Jan
Morgenstern). Looking at the content of his studio, it's certainly not a
FLOSS-oriented choice (http://www.wavemage.com/studio-en.html)... My point
was, why isn't the Linux Audio community involved ?

We have all the necessary tools, they have ways to find people to produce
content... We should be able to extend those blender projects to reach
further than only blender. Let me explain : one of the goals of those
Blender projects is improving the functionalities of Blender by initiating
a professional grade project and getting feedback from the artists actually
working on it. IMHO, the Linux Audio community could greatly benefit from a
similar process.

Now, it's probably too late for this years project, the question is : what
do we do for next year, how do we do that, and when do we start ?

Opinions ?

Ico, do you read me ?

--
Marc-Olivier Barre