[Consortium] A New Blender Open Movie project : Durian

Marc-Olivier Barre marco at marcochapeau.org
Wed Jun 17 06:12:35 EDT 2009

On Tue, 16 Jun 2009 23:37:26 +0800, Ray Rashif <schivmeister at gmail.com>
wrote:
> Having had done film audio for a few months, I have to say it's a really
> difficult task for free software to handle as of the current state
(Ardour
> +
> Xjadeo is not a solution).

Well, Blender has it's own audio track... we could also try that out
Robin: btw, how's your ardour patch going ?

> Anyway, why not get together and provide THEM w/ content? The Blender
team
> wants to test their capabilities, and in order for LA to do the same, I
> suggest taking the initiative first and offer something to someone
instead
> of waiting for an offer.

Indeed, taking the fight to them is probably better suited. But in this
case it would not be a matter of working on durian, but taking the former
projects and making our own audio ?

> I'm thinking sound design collaboration:
>
> * Create a team (open to all LA subscribers and anyone interested in
Linux
> +
> Audio)
>
> * Finalise registrants/team members (if you don't do this and decide to
> make
> the whole thing informal there'll be trouble later on)
>
> * Set up a Wiki with the tasks; each member puts their name down if they
> want to undertake a task (eg. sound design for character so
> and so, include a README of sort documenting the software used - can be a
> logbook if you want)
>
> * Set up a VCS repo so each member can commit his work, and it can be
> reviewed and edited by others if required (perhaps a core committee;
> decided
> upon during the registration finalising stage) eg.:

That could work. Now, where do we host ?

ICO : HELLLLOOOOOO ???
(I'm trying hard to send a signal here :D)

--
Marc-Olivier Barre
XMPP ID : marco at marcochapeau.org
www.MarcOChapeau.org