[Consortium] Advertising Policy - linuxaudio.org

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Fri Apr 20 04:40:58 UTC 2012

On Fri, April 20, 2012 5:51 am, Ivica Ico Bukvic wrote:
> Another thing I may have failed to emphasize in my last email is that
> the Board would also have to agree how to deal with such funds. In other
> words, what/who would benefit from such revenue and for what specific
> reason and with what specific expectations.

My suggestion is to setup the "paid advertising" system with an iterative
process. Building out a step at a time and looking at the entire platform
and direction for growth with the results from each step. Any money that
is earned can be distributed on monthly/quarterly/yearly basis.

If there becomes an abundance of cash available then we can revisit the
distribution policy at any time.

As things progress I'm sure we can organise some reporting/analytics that
will be accessible or presented to members of the board and/or wider
community.

If anyone has any further reservations about this direction please let us
know as I would like to proceed with this first "customer" and will need
to migrate the subdomains to the new location first.

Cheers

--
Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd