[Consortium] lao subdomains

Robin Gareus robin at gareus.org
Thu Apr 26 23:08:53 UTC 2012

Hi Tim,

On 04/27/2012 12:43 AM, Tim Orford wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 05:47:03PM +0200, Robin Gareus wrote:
>> == The questionable - vhosts that may need work ==
>> [...]
>>
>> http://ladspavst.linuxaudio.org/
>>   pretty much dysfunct site of Linux VST Compatibility
>>   not sure what to do with it. - previously maintained by Tim Orford
>
> My apologies for non-maintenance. It was destroyed by spammers.
> It needs access to mysql backups

When did the spamming start? We [only] have monthly SQL backups since
August 2010.

http://ladspavst.linuxaudio.org/vst/list?page=8 seems to be the
beginning of the mess. -- Feb 13 - but which year? There's also some
SPAM from before that :(

and upgrade to Drupal 7.

You do have full access to
 linuxaudio:/home/sites/ladspavst.linuxaudio.org/
and the mysql database it currently uses.

> However, given that there is from my POV less need for it
> than previously, I vote to remove it (semi?) permanently.

One idea would be to revert the DB to a last-known good state and then
freeze the site until s.o. comes up with a small script that imports the
content into the wiki.

Not sure how useful that'd be, though. Wine and linux-VST-support have
evolved quite a bit since you've started that project.

2c,
robin