[Consortium] lao subdomains

Ivica Ico Bukvic ico at vt.edu
Thu Apr 26 23:21:15 UTC 2012

Tim,

This kind of state of disrepair is unacceptable. First of all, this
needs to be cleaned up ASAP. Second, all posters should require proper
login authorization and you as the maintainer should be in charge of
managing who posts what and for that reason are responsible for making
sure the site does not end-up the way it did. If this mess is not
cleaned up in a week, this sub-domain will go offline.

Best wishes,

Ico

On 04/26/2012 07:08 PM, Robin Gareus wrote:
> Hi Tim,
>
> On 04/27/2012 12:43 AM, Tim Orford wrote:
>> On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 05:47:03PM +0200, Robin Gareus wrote:
>>> == The questionable - vhosts that may need work ==
>>> [...]
>>>
>>> http://ladspavst.linuxaudio.org/
>>>    pretty much dysfunct site of Linux VST Compatibility
>>>    not sure what to do with it. - previously maintained by Tim Orford
>> My apologies for non-maintenance. It was destroyed by spammers.
>> It needs access to mysql backups
> When did the spamming start? We [only] have monthly SQL backups since
> August 2010.
>
> http://ladspavst.linuxaudio.org/vst/list?page=8 seems to be the
> beginning of the mess. -- Feb 13 - but which year? There's also some
> SPAM from before that :(
>
> and upgrade to Drupal 7.
>
> You do have full access to
>   linuxaudio:/home/sites/ladspavst.linuxaudio.org/
> and the mysql database it currently uses.
>
>> However, given that there is from my POV less need for it
>> than previously, I vote to remove it (semi?) permanently.
> One idea would be to revert the DB to a last-known good state and then
> freeze the site until s.o. comes up with a small script that imports the
> content into the wiki.
>
> Not sure how useful that'd be, though. Wine and linux-VST-support have
> evolved quite a bit since you've started that project.
>
> 2c,
> robin

Ivica Ico Bukvic, D.M.A
Composition, Music Technology
Director, DISIS Interactive Sound&  Intermedia Studio
Director, L2Ork Linux Laptop Orchestra
Assistant Director, CCTAD
Virginia Tech
Department of Music