[Consortium] [Management] Linuxaudio.org update

Robin Gareus robin at gareus.org
Fri Mar 9 16:14:36 CET 2018

On 03/09/2018 11:50 AM, Daniel James wrote:

> I suspect the LAC call for papers might not be reaching far outside our
> existing community, and that we would benefit from papers from Linux
> Foundation members.

The Linux Foundation has been paying travel for people presenting and
attending LAC in the past.

There is likewise little corporate interest in FOMS or VLC-dev-camp. You
might see a few google engineers and some chromium-devs there (mainly
due to ffmpeg). Pretty much the same number as there are Ableton
engineers at the LAC in recent years.

With csound, pure-data, supercollider moving to their own conventions,
FAUST and the academic world dominated the LAC lately.

Most innovation on the Linux-Audio user/consumer side in the last decade
actually happens at Red-Hat (pulseaudio, pipewire) not the LF or elsewhere.

Linuxaudio.org is serving the producer and authoring side and LAU is
doing just fine, isn't it?

2c,
robin