[Consortium] [Management] Linuxaudio.org update

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Mon Mar 12 08:57:12 CET 2018

> The Alt coin idea is a hell of a lot better than any previous idea in 10
> years. I guarantee you if you issue 1 billion DJ coins or Linux Audio
coins and
> raise 10 million Linux foundation will be your very best friend.

As long as you are willing to give them some of the pie but at least you
would gain access to the Hyperledger community for whatever that is worth.

> ERC 20 will have problems because of Ether what about NEO and GAS to fire
> up the presses?  BTW you can make really cool actual physical crypto coins
> like a collectible with cool graphics and a usb drive built in for cold
> storage.  Think of it like printing colored vinyl.

I am agnostic. ERC20 has the benefit that it is embedded in the second
most popular crypto currency. In theory we can use any blockchain to
achieve the same goal.

> Patrick I always liked you and your enthusiasm for Linux Audio
> unfortunately talking to the old foggies about it is like Amazon talking
> to Barnes and Noble about bookstores.

Thanks, it's ironic that Linux Audio peeps are opposed to crypto when many
of the same people who created Linux were also involved in the planning
and creation of bitcoin/blockchain.

Separately in order to make itself viable for funding I think that The
Consortium needs to (re)define it's purpose. For the past 15 years it has
basically been the steward of the Linuxaudio.org domain. However the
original plan was to be the champion of small business and created a
network for business owners to gain a competitive advantage.

At the moment I'm not exactly sure what use any funding will be put to
other than possibly paying Jeremy a decent wage for his time/effort to
administer and maintain the backend infrastructure..

> PS we have a new Indamixx HDMI stick testing now for release better than
> anything to date.

Good Work (tm)

--
Patrick Shirkey