[Consortium] Official fork

Jeremy Jongepier jeremy at autostatic.com
Mon Feb 22 16:40:35 CET 2021

Hello,

Allow me to provide some more context regarding the current hosting and
DNS situation of linuxaudio.org.

On 21-02-2021 22:12, Robin Gareus wrote:
> On 2/21/21 9:41 PM, Marc-Olivier Barre wrote:
>> Hosting is done by Virginia tech.
>
> Jeremy 'autostatic' Jongepier volunteered to manage hosting a few years
> ago. Ico and Daniel James (who provided DNS) facilitated this.

linuxaudio.org runs on a public Openstack cloud (https://fuga.cloud) now
for a few years. And last year Daniel transferred the linuxaudio.org
domain to me.

> IIRC cyso.com (a company Jereme is involved with) provides hosting.

Yes, CYSO is the holding of Fuga. I changed jobs though in August 2020
but we can still run the servers there for free. For the long run we do
need to look at alternatives but David Runge and I are looking into that.

Best,

Jeremy