[Consortium] We have to move!

Jeremy Jongepier jeremy at autostatic.com
Thu Dec 8 17:39:23 CET 2022

Hello Fons,

> I've been using two servers, 'linuxaudio.org' (web1) for the kokkinizita
> website, and 'mail.linuxaudio.org' (mail1) for mail. For the latter I
> just ssh and run mutt there. I really like that system.

Good to hear! Expect a continuation, or maybe I'll merge the two systems
from a cost perspective, should not make a real difference, maybe that
would even be more convenient. I'll stick to Debian so no big changes
there either.

> So first of all, thanks to all involved for providing that service during
> the past years.
>
> If something similar is set up on Hetzner I see no problem at all with
> paying 50 Euros per year. The only thing that would matter is that
> the transition is without hickups since I really rely on email to
> provide support for things like e.g. the calibration service for Core
> Sound mics.

I intend to do it as smoothly as possible. Sync everything, test, test,
test, lower TTL of DNS records, update records and up TTL again.

>> Feedback? Suggestions? Objections? Other ideas? Shoot! Bear in mind though
>> that I'm pretty determined to move to Hetzner, they're reliable, cheap, easy
>> to work with and EU based.
>
> The alternative may be Linode, but I have no preference.

I'll take a look at Linode, thanks!

Jeremy