[Consortium] We have to move!

Fons Adriaensen fons at linuxaudio.org
Thu Dec 8 16:54:45 CET 2022

On Thu, Dec 08, 2022 at 03:42:17PM +0100, Jeremy Jongepier wrote:

> Drawback will be that it's going to cost us. It won't be much, in the order
> of €50 to €100 per year, and personally I won't mind to pay in advance for
> the moment, I already do so for the linuxaudio.org domain name and the
> current backups. But maybe we could think about setting something up for
> donations.

I've been using two servers, 'linuxaudio.org' (web1) for the kokkinizita
website, and 'mail.linuxaudio.org' (mail1) for mail. For the latter I
just ssh and run mutt there. I really like that system.

So first of all, thanks to all involved for providing that service during
the past years.

If something similar is set up on Hetzner I see no problem at all with
paying 50 Euros per year. The only thing that would matter is that
the transition is without hickups since I really rely on email to
provide support for things like e.g. the calibration service for Core
Sound mics.

> Feedback? Suggestions? Objections? Other ideas? Shoot! Bear in mind though
> that I'm pretty determined to move to Hetzner, they're reliable, cheap, easy
> to work with and EU based.

The alternative may be Linode, but I have no preference.

Kind regards,

--
FA