[Jack-Devel] jackdbus process eats two CPU cores for hours on end

Harry van Haaren harryhaaren at gmail.com
Sun Dec 4 12:01:45 CET 2016

On Sun, Dec 4, 2016 at 4:26 AM, Thomas Howe <tho7maspenguin at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I'm having a problem with the jackdbus process; after some hours it starts
> maxing out two of my four CPU cores, which in turn causes xruns when
> running apps. It looks like other people have found the same problem, but
> no solutions.

I could well be wrong; but my suspicion is not on audio threads - but
rather management threads for things like DBus integration, or other "non
realtime" operations. If it was the audio thread that was causing the
deadlock and spinning, you would hear *no* audio at all.

So next steps I'd suggest running without any extra features (disable Dbus
support, or Pulseaudio integration, or ALSA loopback devices, or anything
else that's not "core" JACK). See if it still happens..

Good luck! -Harry

--

http://www.openavproductions.com