[Jack-Devel] Suggestion to include loopback capability in a Jack session

Michael keybounce at gmail.com
Sat Dec 31 18:06:15 CET 2016

On 2016-12-30, at 7:26 PM, Thomas Howe <tho7maspenguin at gmail.com> wrote:

> A loopback Jack client to intercept streams to and from partially Jack-aware programs such as SMPlayer and Firefox would be useful. Both of these programs output audio to Jack, but only to the system ports, which makes routing the audio inconvinient.

When you call Firefox "partially Jack-aware", what do you mean? I can only get firefox to output to the default system audio; I can set that to Jack, but neither Firefox nor flash do anything special when playing videos / ogg files / etc.

---
Entertaining minecraft videos
http://YouTube.com/keybounce