[Jack-Devel] Client-Server models are just fine. Please?

tom at trellis.ch tom at trellis.ch
Mon Feb 1 17:29:58 CET 2016

On Mon, February 1, 2016 17:23, Kjetil Matheussen wrote:
>  Now we only need to add gui functions to libjackserver (i.e. pull out
> stuff from qjackctl into a new executable which can only be started by
> libjackserver, and communicate with that executable via sockets), move
> libjackserver into libjack, and let jack_client_open start jack via
> libjackserver.

the outcome would be that if a client starts and no jack server was
started, a gui pops up? that would be nice and i think it could be done
via a hook jack would offer ("pre-autostartup user interaction") that's
separated from the server. the details are not fully clear but the outcome
of a dialogue that asks for device selection and params if server not
started i think is attractive in gui environments.
cheers
tom