[Jack-Devel] stepping down

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Sat Jan 30 19:58:26 CET 2016

On Sat, Jan 30, 2016 at 1:17 PM, Michael <keybounce at gmail.com> wrote:

> As a user, let me give you an entirely different viewpoint. I love Jack,
> and see no alternative, for this:
>
> I can have different applications send audio output to different devices.
>
> Almost all applications want to send audio to the default audio device.
> (Which makes sense, right?). So, with Jack, and no programs being
> jack-aware other than QJackCtl, I can tell all these different programs
> which device to use.
>
> If you can name any alternative to this, please do. I am on a Mac.

CoreAudio can do all that. If you happen to be using applications
naive/silly/stupid enough to not offer device options, then sure, JACK can
help.

In addition, if you're on a Mac running OS X, you're almost certainly using
JackOSX which means that the future/condition of JACK1 is of little
consequence to you.