[Jack-Devel] stepping down

Kjetil Matheussen k.s.matheussen at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 23:10:17 CET 2016

On Sun, Jan 31, 2016 at 10:50 PM, Kjetil Matheussen <
k.s.matheussen at gmail.com> wrote:

>> what problem are you actually concerned with fixing? what users does it
>> affect? when?
>>

> I think I have listed the problems. The far worst problem is that there
> is no proper error response when a driver doesn't start. Especially on
> Windows,
> where qjackctl is quite buggy and portaudio often refuses to start.

Want to add one more thing: Although the server idea works great on paper,
it doesn't always work fine in practice. I often have to repeatedly write
"killall -9 jackd" in my terminal. It's hard to get right. Better to just
throw away
the idea of having a server.