[Jack-Devel] stepping down

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Sun Jan 31 23:17:54 CET 2016

On Sun, Jan 31, 2016 at 5:10 PM, Kjetil Matheussen <k.s.matheussen at gmail.com
> wrote:

> Want to add one more thing: Although the server idea works great on paper,
> it doesn't always work fine in practice. I often have to repeatedly write
> "killall -9 jackd" in my terminal. It's hard to get right. Better to just
> throw away
> the idea of having a server.

i haven't seen a single bug report regarding such behaviour. what isn't
reported can't get fixed. the only times i have to SIGKILL jackd is when
i'm doing code development and i do something deeply screwy.

there will ALWAYS be a server in a system like JACK. if there is code that
ends up requiring SIGKILL, then the same code can end up executing inside
whatever process is running that code.