[Jack-Devel] JACK1 0.125.0rc1 now available

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Wed Mar 2 22:46:10 CET 2016

On Wed, Mar 2, 2016 at 4:27 PM, Hanspeter Portner <ventosus at airpost.net>
wrote:

> On 28.02.2016 04:04, Paul Davis wrote:
> >

> > On Sat, Feb 27, 2016 at 9:45 PM, Erik de Castro Lopo <
> mle+la at mega-nerd.com <mailto:mle+la at mega-nerd.com>> wrote:
> >
> >     Paul Davis wrote:
> >
> >     > There's also a significant regression since 0.124.X. I am having
> problems
> >     > with clients being zombified AND with jackd crashing. Work on this
> issue is
> >     > slow and will delay release.
> >
> >     Is this issue documented anyway? Even just steps required to
> reproduce it.
> >     Anything anyone else can do to help?
> >

> > I don't have a recipe. Just my normal daytime activity (developing
> ardour, playing music, listening to streaming music,
> > watching videos) now kills JACK several times a day, whereas it used to
> be rock solid.
> >
> > I have not tried git bisect yet, but I will when I get a moment.
>
> I have seen issues, too. I get heavily crackled sound on a first clients
> audio output upon loading of a second client
> into the graph.
> The crackling sometimes disappears when loading a third client.
> The server may also crash sometimes while crackling along.
>
> I have bisected it down to: 423931219dd3e3b669fde97786cadae92c066dc1
> before that I do not seem to experience these crackles.

I get the crackles *sometimes*. My general setup is Clementine playing
audio, then ardour starts up. 1 time in 10, Clementine will crackle like
crazy and then it will die and/or the server will die. Not using
Clementine, 1 in 15 times that I run Ardour, I can kill the server.

I also bisected it down to fons' topological sort patch. Which is a problem
because in some ways that's the biggest reason for this new release :(